PBS & Friends Present: The Pop-Up Poetry Bookshop at Contains Strong Language
Posted on August 22 2017
Foyer of Hull College, Queens Gardens, Wilberforce Drive, Hull, HU1 3DG
Thursday 28th September - Sunday 1st October
Opening and closing times TBA
BBC Contains Strong Language is the BBC's new national poetry and spoken word festival with coverage in national and local, radio and TV programmes. Over the four days, beginning on National Poetry Day, Thursday 28 September, Radio 1 Xtra, Radio 2, Radio 3, Radio 4, 5 Live and 6 Music as well as Radio Humberside will be broadcasting live from festival venues in Hull along with BBC TV.
The Pop-Up Poetry Bookshop is a four day book fair and exhibition space for all those involved in the promotion, creation and production of poetry. Celebrating the diversity and vitality of contemporary poetry in the UK, publishers large and small, niche and mainstream will be selling their works direct to the public at one of the most vibrant new poetry festivals in the UK. The fair will take place in the foyer of Hull College, location of gala readings and live audience BBC broadcasts. Come along and have a browse!
Information for Publishers
- The PBS / Inpress will man one central till at the fair to encourage visitors to browse all the tables and make the process of purchasing books as straightforward as possible.
- We will need a full list of titles a week before the event (grid to follow)
- All sales will be reported to publishers within 2 weeks and sales money transferred by BACs.
- Inpress will send publishers an invoice for the cost of their table, to be settled (by BACs or cheque) before the 28th September.
- All publishers are responsible for arranging a book delivery and collection at the end of the festival.
- We are happy to package up your books but you must supply a box and return delivery address labels.
- Banners and POS are welcome, publishers are encouraged to attend the festival and man their tables, however we understand this is a busy time of year, so if you are unable to be there for the full four days, the PBS/Inpress can manage the set-up, sales and breakdown and take note of any customer queries.