Finance Manager (Maternity Cover)
Job Title: Finance Manager (Maternity cover)
Salary: £34,000 pro rata'd
Hours: Part time, 4 days a week
Contract: Temporary – 12-14 months
Deadline for Applications: Monday 24th July – midday
Interviews: w/c 31st July
Based in the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne, Inpress is a specialist sales and marketing agency for independent publishers. We are dedicated to the promotion of independently published books to bookshops and the wider book trade in the UK and abroad. We are a team of eight in-house, plus a freelance sales team and work with a partner distributor to manage global distribution of books. Inpress also runs the Poetry Book Society, a consumer facing business dedicated to the promotion of contemporary poetry. The Poetry Book Society runs a subscription service and online bookshop, with members signing up annually to receive a quarterly magazine and book parcel.
Inpress is a not-for-profit and receives funding from Arts Council England as part of their National Portfolio, with funding confirmed until 2026.
An integral part of the Inpress team, your responsibilities will include overseeing end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis. The Finance Manager supports the Managing Director in the growth and smooth financial running of the company, ensuring financial processes are upheld and maintaining the long-term financial security of the organisation.
- Responsible for day-to-day financial management of the company
- Responsible for Inpress’ financial information, providing timely and accurate reports
- Responsible for all financial statutory requirements
- Provide a high-quality financial service to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead budget and forecasting processes
- Full company bookkeeping (Inpress & PBS) through Sage Accounting software
- Produce publisher sales statements + raise commission invoices
- Sales Agent Commission statements
- Processing payments and managing company bank accounts
- Compiling up to date financial reports on monthly & quarterly basis:
- Management accounts: Monthly Actuals, Budget, Variance & SoPL docs, Balance Sheets, Cashflow
- Month end PBS Membership and Book sales Reconciliation
- Circulate monthly Inpress Trade, Online and eBook Sales and PBS membership and book sales figures against budget
- Compiling financial documents for quarterly submission to ACE and ensuring timely receipt of payments
- Creation of budgets / forecasts
- Payroll, pensions + payroll year end – processing and payment to employees / HMRC, processing expenses, maintaining and setting up employee pension schemes
- Submitting quarterly VAT returns to HMRC
- Liaison with company accountants – preparation of all documents for annual independent verification of accounts to run smoothly
- Managing routine month-end processes
- Managing financial administration regarding distribution move
- Part accountancy qualified, or qualified through relevant experience
- Ability to run the day-to-day finance function for the organisation
- Proficiency in accounting software (Sage)
- Proficiency in excel
- Good communicator; especially of financial disciplines to non-accountants
- Hard-working team player used to working to deadlines
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com by midday on 24th July 2023.
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can succeed. We encourage applications from all and seek to employ a workforce representative of the publishers and markets that we serve.